A family heirloom
I've started my 1 year celebration week: Last winter holidays I made my first blog post ever. As a present for myself on that occation, I've started the long time longing prosject, The Civil War Diary Quilt!
I forordet til denne boka skriv Rosemary Youngs (fri omsetjing): "Les autentiske dagboksnotat av ti kvinner som levde under borgarkrigen. Frå ei tenåringsjente til ein spion for dei allierte, vil du få høyre om erfaringane til desse kvinnene, under forskjellige omstende, i forskjellige aldrar, og i forskjellige delar av landet. Skap ein kvilt som reflekterer stemningane i desse dagboknotata - mot, tragedie, humor og kjærleik - som vil bli skatta, slik som desse kvinnehistoriene er, i generasjonar framover."
6 kommentarer:
Lovely block!
I just bought this book last week as well, and the other one! not sure when I'll start though, I am enjoying reading the book too much!
Lissa
Australia
Love your fabric choices, congrats on making your first block. I still need to make this block.
kathie
I've been working on the blocks slowly, all hand pieced and someday when I get them all done I'll hand quilt too. After that I have the Civil War Love Letter Quilt book to do, that should last me a few years.
Glad you joined in on the Civil War blocks. After the sampler blocks you have made these will be easy. Nice choice of fabric.
Yes that's a nice start. It seems you are experienced in making this type of quilt, so I imagine you'll have it finished in no time.
Legg inn en kommentar