Søk i denne bloggen

lørdag 4. mai 2013

More stitchery!

Six blocks in Life is wonderful are completed. My stitches are a bit wonky, but I think I'm improving my skills as I go along. 
Today I have prepped some new blocks to have when inspiration is hitting. 
I will not make the LIW quilt as the pattern is. I will make it my way.



My local quilt group owns this Light Tracer, which is wonderful. Much easier than tracing on the window!



Here is a big stitchery prepaired, this will be stitched in blue colour, I think. Some of you might recognize Wenche's drawing from Northern Quilts.
One bird in the hand is better than ten on the roof!


If this ruler does what is featured here, it will be a little miracle!
Rulers are so fun!

  
There was no time to finish this quilt top, so this will be the work to start with after my surgery. Look at the wonderful border fabric, and the flannel to the left is for the backing.


Some easy reading, looking forward to this second novel from Monika Peetz.
The title is Seven days with the Tuesday ladies.


Yesterday we had to shoe one of our cars for winter again! So depressing with snow in May. Poor farmers and lambs, waiting to get some green fresh grass outside...

Hope to be back soon!

Eit lite innlegg om stitchery og diverse utstyr. Alle quiltelag burde ha ein slik lysboks, den er utruleg hendig, og oppteikninga går som ein leik, samanlikna med å bruke eit vindu!
Eg ligg litt bak skjema med alt eg hadde tenkt å gjere denne veka, men det får stå si prøve. Slumreteppet i log cabin blir nok sydd saman så fort eg kjem til hektene etter inngrepet komande veke. Har skaffa eit nydeleg stoff til bord, og herleg flanell til bakstykke. Ikkje fleire kalde tepper her, nei!
Ser fram til å gyve laus på andre Tirsdagsdame-boka. Lettfatteleg lesestoff, med ein viss humor.
Ha ein fin mai! No må våren kome!


5 kommentarer:

Laila sa...

Du har sanneleg hatt mykje føre deg på handarbeidsfronten i det siste. Slumreteppet ditt blir knallfint - eg er berre spent på korleis du har bestemt deg for å sy blokkene saman. Lukke til i komande veke :)

Radka sa...

I hope all went well for you :-)
xx

Berglind sa...

Hello Elin, this is a gorgeous stitchery! Haven't seen this ruler before, did it work?!
I truly hope your surgery went well! xoxo

Grethe sa...
Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.
Grethe sa...

Motivet i LIW er vakre, dine 6 ser flotte ut! Du har fine farger i slumreteppet. Lykke til med alt:-)