Søk i denne bloggen

tirsdag 26. juli 2011

Comfort quilting

Comfort is a word that has been uttered a lot the last four days. There are no words to express the feelings of our nation. I think the whole world cares about this tragic event. Thank you all blog friends who have written nice and comforting mails!
 I should have made more finishes for the OPAM as July is soon history, but I need something else! Today I have made four 36-patches from Amandajean's tutorial. The block measures 12". Thank you so much, Amanda! This tutorial is wonderful. It's not the first time I work on SALs with this very talented quilter. And look what comes from the scraps: 4-patches of 4 1/2" and tiny bow ties of 3 1/2". This means I can work on 3 quilts at the same time, and there is almost no scraps left!!!  The inspiration for the bow ties comes from Kathie's blog, thank you Katie! This time I work with a lighter palette than I usually do, using a Kona light solid together with old pastel  fabric from my stash. Will they end up as care quilts? Maybe!!

 I will have 3 different stacks and almost no scrap leftovers!
 This weekend I've been by the tv, crocheting. These pot holders are made from Anne På Landet's pattern.

 And these coasters are made with inspiration from Anne på Landet! Thank you, Anne!

 Monday evening at the town center. Many people gathered to show their respect for the victims of the massacre. The statue is very special, a copy of Tankeringen (from about 400 a.Chr), which was found near by many years ago!
Dei siste dagane har vore grusomme for heile verda! Då kan ein finne trøyst i sying, til dømes. Sjå på lenkjene over, kvar eg har funne inspirasjon til blokkene eg er byrja på. Hovudblokka er 36patchen, og av restane der, syr eg både firarblokker og bowtie-blokker. Det blir faktisk nesten ingen restar, er ikkje det ganske genialt?? Truleg blir det care-kviltar til slutt, vi får sjå. Og gryteklutane og glasbrikkene har eg hekla framfor tv-skjermen sist helg. Glasbrikkene blei til den grusomme fredagskvelden. Inspirasjon er Anne på Landet. Nederst er sokneprest Gundersen framfor Tankeringen, som er så spesiell for Noreg og Gloppen. Klikk på lenkja på engelsk versjon og les om dette spesielle funnet frå 400-talet i høvdingegrava på Eide.

4 kommentarer:

Hildegard sa...

Så mykje fint du har laga.

Janes hobbykrok sa...

Veldig mye flott her! Morsomme blokker med fine farger. Likte godt heklingen også.

Cheryl sa...

Both quilting projects are cheery and comforting! It is nice to see the town's people coming together like that.

Elins systue sa...

Spennende sying dette