Søk i denne bloggen

mandag 14. mars 2011

A challenge and a give away!

Thursday update: Go to these blogs  and see their quilt racks! Quiltefia - Quiltoholiker - I like to quilt - Angelica - Michelle - Ka-du-sei - Pam - A quilt Lady -
 Read the other comments on this post, there are some interesting inputs from non bloggers. And switch to Lena and see what feedback she has got so far.
And: there are still six days to be in the challenge!
I am the happy owner of a quilt rack, bought from a friend on TSQ, Traditional Scandinavian Quilters, a very nice yahoo group. For a long time I have been searching for a quilt rack, and finally I had one! I have had some feedback from people who have got a similar rack. Lena is one of those. We have been mailing some ideas about having a give away.
The rules are as follows: If you have got a quilt rack of any kind, tell us about it! Take a photo, with or without quilts on it, make a blog post, tell us about it. When you have done so, make a comment on mine or Lena's blog post. You will be in the drawing of some gifts, from me this nice kit from Melly & me, from Lena...look at her blog! The drawing will take place by next Wednesday, 23rd of March.
I know that there are lots of nice racks on Ebay or Amazon, but I have never seen them in any shop in Norway. Some people say that they are made for towels in the bathroom, is that so? Or is it made for quilts??

Update: Any kind comments on quilt racks on my blog, and you'll be in the drawing with one point, for blog post two points!!
Lena og eg er blitt einige om å ha ein liten konkurranse! Bakgrunnen er at ho svarte på mitt forige innlegg, der eg skriv om stativet eg har fått kjøpe frå Kari på Hamar. Det viser seg at det finst fleire liknande stativ rundt om i landet. Eg er veldig nyskjerrig på å sjå kva typer stativ folk har, og å høyre om korleis dei eventuelt bruker dei. Har høyrt at stativa er laga som baderomsutstyr til å henge handkle på... Eg lurer på om dette er tilfelle. Sjå på linkane over, på Ebay og Amazon, der heng kviltar på! Er dette ein typisk amerikansk skikk?
Vel, om du har eit kviltestativ og om du har lyst å vere med på ei lita utfordring med sjanse til å vinne noko, så gjer følgjande:
Finn fram stativet, ta eit bilete av det, med eller utan kviltar på, lag eit blogginnlegg og fortel... Når du har gjort det, skriv du ein kommentar til enten Lena eller meg på våre innlegg. Då kan du vinne ein fin kit frå Melly & Me (frå meg), eller noko fint frå Lena (sjå hennar blogg).
Frist: neste onsdag kveld, 23. mars.

Oppdatering: Om du er med og kommenterer på temaet quiltestativ, er du med i trekninga, du har då eitt poeng, for blogginnlegg får du to poeng. Eg lagar link til eventuelle blogginnlegg!

 

20 kommentarer:

Carla sa...

Hi Elin, I'm from the small quilt group. I don't have a rack to tell you about but my grandmother did. She used it to dry clothes on. Good luck to all those that are able to enter your giveaway.

Carla sa...

I do not know why my comment is all not spelled right. It is ok when I write it.

Robyn sa...

The rack is lovely and so is the spinning wheel I see there in the back. Congratulations on a great find.

Anonym sa...

The wooden racks on Amazon and Ebay are generally for quilts as they have larger rollers (like the poles to hang your quilts on) that will not crease quilts. Metal racks can be used for whatever. Sometimes people use them in the bedroom for blankets that are not needed on the bed or for bedspreads at night. Quilt racks like yours are usually used to display quilts in a living room or to hold quilts that can be used in a family room.

I own two of them, but what I'd really like to have is a quilt "ladder" that sits at an angle against the wall and many quilts can be draped on them.

Most of the older homes in the United States do not have room in the bathrooms for racks of that type to be used for towels. We usually have a "bar" attached to the wall used for hanging towels or towel sets, one for guest towels, and and one at each side of the bathtub for bath towels. We also sometimes store towels rolled up and in box type containers.

Another idea that I like for quilts was a board at the top of the wall where it meets the ceiling, with pegs in it every few inches and they used snap-on drapery hooks to hang on the pegs. Quilts could be easily hung or taken down and another one put up. It didn't matter what size the quilt was -- you could hang one large quilt, or several smaller quilts. A machine quilter has this and she can hang a customer's quilt in all it's glory for display until it gets picked up.

Nancy in Minnesota

Cheryl sa...

Great idea, but I don't have a quilt rack. Wish I did.

Candace sa...

I love them and have wanted one for a long time yours looks beautiful with your quilts. I love your floor and your spinning wheel, too. I think I'll look on the internet and see what I can find.

Mary on Lake Pulaski sa...

I have a quilt rack that I really like, but I'm on vacation and won't be able to take a photo in time for your giveaway. Have fun.

Oddbjørg sa...

Eit flott stativ med fine quiltar på. Skulle gjerne vori med på utfordringa, men har diverre ikkje noko stativ.

Anne-Mettes Oaser sa...

Som jeg har skrevet til dig, kunne jeg ikke komme ind i kategorien "Lykkelig ejer af et smukt quilte stativ" :-), så jeg er glad for, at du har lempet på muligheder for at deltage. Jeg ville elske et stativ som dit. Det er så smukt. Jeg blogger om din/jeres Give Away senere i dag og håber på 2 lod.
Knus
Anne-Mette

Anonym sa...

I have a wonderful quilt rack - a friends husband made she and I each one. Quite large in fact - it holds a lot of quilts. It is 3 pieces held together with 2 sets of brass hinges. I am not sure how to send you a picture of it. Right now one section holds finished quilts, 2 hold finished tops. Each section has 3 rods that I have covered in acid free paper - you should never let fabric touch wood due to the acid in it. I read your origional message on Civil War Diary Quilts Yahoo list. Gail in Arizona

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog sa...

Hej Elin.
Jeg synes at det er en sjov ide, og jeg indrømmer gerne at jeg er lidt misundelig på dit flotte quiltestativ. Mit er ikke så fint, men se selv på min blog ☺
Jeg deltager gerne i lodtrækningen om en giveaway, med 3 lod?
kh
Bente
www.iliketoquiltblog.blogspot.com

Quiltefia sa...

Hei!! Nå har jeg lagt ut et innlegg om quiltestativet mitt!! Morsom utfordring!! Jeg har hatt mitt et par år. Fant det på julegavehandel!! Så hyggelig at du likte strikkebaggen. Jeg legger meg til som følger hos deg. Jeg liker det du holder på med!! Ha en fin torsdag!! AnneK:-)

Angelikas quilts and knits sa...

Hej Elin,
så er jeg klar med et blogindlæg om mit quiltestativ som er magen til dit og Lenas :-)
Tak fordi I inviterede til dennen sjove leg :-)
quiltehilsner
Angelika

http://www.onlyangelika.blogspot.com

Marjorie's Busy Corner sa...

Ohhhhhh I love your quilt rack....I like the way it shows both quilts....

Marjorie's Busy Corner sa...

I also posted about the challenge on my blog...hope you enjoy it

Anonym sa...

GOOD DAY TO YOU!
I'M A NON-BLOGGER, JUST HAD TO COMMENT ON HOW LOVELY YOUR QUILT RACK IS-I DO NOT OWN ONE, BUT WOULD SURELY LOVE TO. THANKS SO FOR SHARING!

jldouglas@wispwest.net

Michelle Ridgway sa...

Hi Elin I have left a comment on Lena's blog but forgot to mention our beautiful all the other quilt racks were and also the quilts. So thankyou for the opportunity to see them.
Blessings Michelle

Helle sa...

Flott quiltestativ du har. Lekre tepper også; og fin plassering med rokken i hjørnet. Selv har jeg ikke noe stativ, kanskje en dag når vi blir bofaste. Inntil da koser jeg meg med å lese norske quilte-blogger! Beste hilsen Helle i Seoul.

JustPam sa...
Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.
JustPam sa...

I am having problems posting. Got an error message first try. Here is a link to my quilt rack.

http://tinyurl.com/4upjxhd