Søk i denne bloggen

torsdag 19. mars 2009

Civil War Diary, small progress...

March 16, 1864, Isabella Buchanan Edmondson wrote in her diary:
"Went up Street directly after Breakfast to finish a little job I forgot on yesterday. At one o'clock Mrs. Fackler, Mrs. Kirk and I began to fix my articles for smuggling, we made a balmoral of the Grey cloth for uniform, pinned the Hats to the inside of my hoops - tied the boots with a strong list, letting them fall directly in front, the cloth having monopolized the back & the Hats the side - ..."
March 27, 1864: "Rather lazy, as it was Sunday - Laura fixed me a very nice breakfast which I enjoyed in my room. Helen & Nannie went home with Anna Nelson, all rode horseback, the girls did not stay very long. I spent the morning reading my Bible, finished the Acts today - took a long walk after dinner, with Beulah as a companion - she enjoyed it very much, especially the creek...."
Har sydd to nye Civil War Diary-blokker. Elles blir det lite gjort på syfronten for tida.

3 kommentarer:

Satu sa...

Fina blokker;)) I'll wait and sew my Yankee papers on next Friday evening...

STRIKKEMOR(O) sa...

Det er artig å sjå kor mange variasjonar ein kan få med trekantar! Sikkert artig å jobbe med!

Anne Ida sa...

Flotte blokker! Haugen din vokser sakte, men sikkert!